We will be opening up this large site, creating a network of public open spaces and plazas and pedestrian and cycle links that will connect new and existing communities for the first time.
Our aim is to make this new neighbourhood welcoming and accessible to all. Our proposals will provide at least 4 hectares of public spaces – this is roughly the equivalent size of two Trafalgar Squares or nearly five football pitches.
Unsurprisingly, the introduction of new green, public spaces was a very popular idea during our first public exhibition. In response, we have asked our specialist landscape architect – Grant Associates – to create:
- A large neighbourhood park – at 2 hectares it will be bigger than Leicester Square;
- Sports pitches;
- A network of green pedestrian and cycle links;
- Community growing spaces;
- Play spaces to suit children of all different ages including a Multi-Use Games Area, door-step play space and playground facilities;
- A 1km long trim trail and jogging circuit within the site;
- An ecology garden;
- Communal gardens and private courtyards for use of residents of all flats;